Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rosa Parks!

I am absolutely devoted to the practice of "Active Imagination" as a method for remembering what we already know.  One of my favorite examples of how this practice can be so powerful came to me via advice I received from an amazing energy intuitive named Marie Manuchehri.  She told me that I should regularly visit an imaginal space within myself where I could dialogue with being I respect. These beings could be alive or dead, historical or spiritual, personally known or unknown, etc.  During one of these Active Imagination exercises, I wound up having a stunning conversation with Rosa Parks.

And here's the fundamental wisdom she shared with me during that time:  Rosa said that she had to believe wholeheartedly that she really mattered.  And it was only this deep inner conviction that allowed her to live outside of overwhelming fear, oppression, violence, and hate.  She said she did not realize it at the time, but it was precisely by acting out this conviction that her own experience mattered just as much as anyone else's that empowered other people to liberate themselves similarly.

Beautiful, Rosa!  I'm trying to remember that humble, brilliant example as often as I can lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment