Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Welcome back to the Garden / You never left!"

One of my favorite teachers, Tara Brach, has a beautiful weekly podcast, which always feels like an invitation to remember our deep belonging to one another.  Her latest teaching is titled Back to the Garden, and it guarantees reconnection to yourselves and others in a tender, visceral way.

Personal note:  as soon as I realized that I had ever left the Garden at all, I became aware that I also wanted to find my way home to It.  The longing terrified me initially because I didn't know where the Garden was located, nor whether I would be welcomed home to It.  This particular teacher, Tara Brach, was one of the first voices that helped me believe it might be a good idea to go looking for the Garden within myself.

.... And now I can't imagine wanting to live a life where I had never risked stepping onto that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment